This is my all time favorite warm side dish which I am very happy to share. Mashed potatoes have nothing on mashed cauliflower with melted grass fed cultured butter! It keeps you full and won’t weigh you down like potatoes which are high in starch and have a high glycemic index. Perfect for anyone on a candida, paleo, or most any kind of special diet. Add chopped scallions, onions or whatever else you like.
1 head cauliflower
coconut oil (or oil of choice)
- Take veal cutlets and dust in coconut flour.
- Heat coconut oil on pan and cook cutlets on low for 2-3 minutes. Be sure not to over cook as thin slices cook quickly.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep cooked veal in pan and add in 1/4 c broth and 1 tbsp lemon juice to pan.
- Let the juices and flavors mix.
- Rinse and cut cauliflower into smaller pieces.
- Set up pot and steamer basket. Steam cauliflower until soft.
- Add into vitamix or blender. (see note) Before you blend add in sea salt, pepper and butter to your taste.
In a vitamix keep setting on Variable and start low and slowly go higher (no higher than level 6. Be aware of the speed depending if you want it smoothly mashed, or with a little bit of texture.